Thursday, February 26, 2009

Award Night

I am a little behind with this post but it was a great night that I think Jason would like to be able to remember. A couple of Saturdays ago, Northwestern Mutual had a recognition dinner at the Glen Oaks Golf and Country Club. That day for me started out pretty good. I got to go out and get a new dress, get my nails done and get my hair done.
That night was all about J. We got to mingle with all of his coworkers and their wives, eat some amazing food, and participate in an award ceremony. Jason was recognized for his drive and his willingness to take risks and do what is necessary to grow his business including hiring his first full time staff person. He was also recognized for taking an effort to stay educated. By October this year he should have his CLU (Certified Life Underwriter) and CFC (Certified Financial Consultant) designations. This not only looks good on the business card but it is good for his clients for him to know more. Each designation is like it's own masters program.
Going made me feel a lot more confident about Jason's work as we go through this rough economic time. Despite the squeeze on the economy Northwestern Mutual reps are doing well because they are standing behind a great company. The company only invested .2% of it's money in real estate. So despite the fall they were still able to announce a 6% dividend to be given to the policy holders.
The whole night was mostly just fun. Dressing up, eating food with fun people, and listening to someone talk up your husband is a pretty good time.
Again, another thanks to Jenny for watching the kids for the night.

6 comments:

{Erica} said...

You look great guys!

Awesome about jason's award!

{Erica} said...

Hey
I got your message on sunday morning to sub for primary...sorry! Bret was on call anyway and was gone so we wouldn't have been able to do it anyway. You can for sure call us again if you need a sub.

Elisa Beckman said...

Elise you look fantastic! I wish I looked that beautiful when I was 6 months preggo! I'm so glad you are well!

Megan and Shawn said...

How fun! I love having an excuse to dress up. Oh, and by the way we totally would love to sell you our house:)!! Or anyone for that matter...

Terri said...

I can hardly wait to come see you and the new baby. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Carinna

Thrapper 1 said...

Elise you look really nice. Congratulations Jason, Finances really bore me.