Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Family Reunion

Here are the pictures from our family reunion. In case you haven't noticed I am kind of updating everything a little at a time. I am so busy right now with work and kids that I just do what I can whenever I can. We had a blast at with the Thrap family in the beginning of August. The weather was perfect the whole time we were there. At the reunion was Great Grandma Thrap, her three children with their spouses, the 18 grandchildren with 4 of their spouses, and 9 1/2 great grandchildren (My sister-in-law Laura is due any day now). It all took place at a camp called Aspen Grove, put on by the BYU Alumni Association. The camp councilors are all BYU students. They split the kids up by age groups including the tiny ones and the councilors do things with them all day while the adults spend the day together going to family seminars and just playing around or relaxing together. My sister and law, Becca and I got up every morning and swam laps. It was the prettiest setting I have ever swam in, way up in the mountains, but the altitude made it real hard to breathe. One afternoon of the camp was dedicated to a little friendly competition. Each family competed in different events. We got scored according to how well we did each task and according to how good our cheer was. Our cheer was the best! If you know the "That's Not My Name" song then you can kind of hear what it sounded like but it went like this..."They call us Longhurst. They call us Richardson. That's not our name. That's not our name. From coast to coast, we win the most. Don't give us crap. Our name is Thrap and that's our...Name!" At the end of the week they announced the winner and of course we won!

I thought all of these pictures were adorable. Charly and her cousin Elena were inseparable the entire time. They were born only 2 months apart and they are absolute divas together.

Caelyn was a perfect baby. It was really hard for me to drop her off with the camp councilors some days but I made myself do it because that opportunity to be with my hubby doesn't happen very often. She did really good though and everyone there loved how we could find a family reunion onesie for her and that she even had a bow to match....Yes, I'm obsessed with the bows...But can you blame me...How cute is it!?!

Carter had a blast the whole time probably because he could just run non-stop. He really liked crashing the badminton courts. His councilors absolutely adored him. Who couldn't fall in love with that great smile?

2 comments:

Lindsay Sprague said...

fun times!! carter is such a sweetie, he's my little guy... and charly and caylin are so darling, i love you guys soooo much!

lori said...

I LOVE the shirts. You and your hunny did a great job today!