Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PUMPKINS


I love how I can talk my husband into doing things he might not otherwise do. I think that things like pumpkin carving and egg dying (at Easter) are a couple of things that Jason must have avoided as a youth but now he will do it "for the kids." He and Charly had a lot of fun tonight carving our pumpkin. Charly dug right into the gross insides right away and then she actually was biting off pieces of the pumpkin and saying that it was good (eewww!!). I'm glad they got to do it tonight though because tomorrow is when we go trick-or-treating here in Iowa. Most cities here celebrate "Beggars Night" which is technically the correct tradition but most everywhere else just does it on Halloween. I will have to post pictures of the kids in their costumes tomorrow.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yes, I think those traditions are important too, especially as you say "for the kids." We didn't get into the pumpkins this year--too much else going on! But we sure did get a LOT of use from our costumes!!! So glad you could make it to our little soiree! Loved the kids' costumes!