Thursday, March 19, 2009

Little Brother Getting Married :0



My brother Joel sent out a mass text message yesterday to announce that he was getting married this coming June. The only members of the family that have met her are my grandparents and my aunt and uncle that live close to my grandparents in Utah. None of us even knew her name until yesterday. He just met her on New Years Eve and has spent a great deal of time with her since then but I guess when you know you know. Now we know that her name is Teresa, she is 27 and from Logan, UT. She graduates with a degree in education this coming May and will probably end up putting Joel through school. She sounds really great for him. He has finally got someone to make him settle down and figure out what is going to do with his life. She is a little older than him so hopefully wiser too. I made him send me a picture so I at least knew what she looked like. She's cute and I think that they probably look very cute together.
The timing of it all couldn't have been crazier for us. The announcment made me go through our family calendar and I realized that we will now be traveling somewhere every month from now until September and our time and schedule are jam packed.
Spring break in San Diego March 29th- April 3rd, Jason's training in Milwaukee April 19th-25th, Charly's 4th birthday April 26th, My 25th birthday May 4th, Mother's Day and Stevens graduation in Muscatine in May, the birth of baby Caelyn sometime at the end of May, Joel getting married in Salt Lake City June 23rd, Northwestern Mutual Annual Meeting in Milwaukee July 18th-22nd, Thrap family reunion during the first full week in August, AND FINALLY a Carribean cruise for Jason and I September 20th-26th. Somewhere in there will be a guy fishing trip and a girl horseback riding weekend too. Can someone just slow my year down a little bit? I just know that my coworkers at the Y are going to hate me. By the time I get back our new YMCA will be ready to open and I will have been gone half the time.
(Sorry, Joel, I promise I'm not complaining.) It is really just a crazy, mad year. I am left to wonder how we are going to do it all, and pay for it all without losing our minds. I'll let you know when I am able to take a breath.

No comments: