Tuesday, April 24, 2012

5 months old

I'm a little behind but since I'm catching up with blogging anyway here is Carissa at 5 months old. It is going by way to fast. The day that she turned five months she officially rolled over on her own and now she does it every time as soon as I layer her on the floor. The only problem is that she doesn't like laying on her stomache very much so she just screams until she wiggles her way back or someone comes and flips her back over. She's working on sitting up on her own and does it really well when she's on my lap but not so much otherwise. She has an adorable curl that sticks out by itself on the left side of her head and more curls are showing up on the top of her head. It makes me kind of excited for when the rest of her hair grows out. The other two girls have some waves but neither of them showed up this early. The comments we get from strangers in public are always about her BIG blue eyes and long eye lashes that just pop out at you. She is beautiful and we love her smile! The bigger kids all love helping to take care of her. Charly often gets her out of bed when she wakes up in the morning, Carter is always right there to do something silly like whack himself in the head to make her laugh and Caelyn will quietly walk up to her with a calming shhh and give her the binki when she's crying. So cute to watch! I love our little family!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay Elise! So glad to see you blogging again. I love this pic of Carissa. She is just precious. How can she really be 5 months old already?

Oh and btw--since we are both losing our VT comps next month, I REALLY hope we get paired up together. You are awesome.

Elise said...

Me too!!! I know you were the best VT I ever had so I know you'd be a great comp. I really need to come see that little girl of yours. She's so cute in pictures! Probably even better in person. I just needed to make sure all my kids were well enough. Maybe tomorrow?