Monday, April 13, 2009

Amazing Tuesday

I mentioned earlier that I had a lot of catching up to do and it took it's toll last Tuesday. As any mother can attest, pregnancy really does a number on your brain. My family may argue that it basically takes mine out. I don't remember anything and I frequently do things that don't make sense. All of this is a precursor to my day one week ago. I actually had a very successful morning with getting the kids fed dressed and out the door with minimal arguments. We had just gotten back from a refreshing vacation and I was feeling good. So at about 8:30 I got both children out into the garage but when I went to open the door it was locked. I looked through my purse for the keys and they weren't there. Then I saw them, laughing at me from inside the car. Anyone who knows me knows that this would not be the first time those keys have played this trick on me. I found myself crying on the window with the children staring and wondering what could possibly be wrong with Mommy. I started making phone calls. Jason had not solution and was busy himself, the police department came over and had no luck with the slim jim, so I called a friend. Matt Sprague has had experience getting cars open so he was over and after an hour and half finally got the door open. Not 2 minutes later his wife Lindsay shows up and she suggests that we call just load up in her van and head to the mall of luch. (It was lunch time by then.) I agreed and so I shut my garage door and went through the house and walked locked the door and walked out to the van. As I headed to the van, Matt jokingly hollers at me, "You have your house key right?" OH MY GOODNESS....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! No I don't. I was then locked out of my house. That luckily is something Jason could help me with. All I had to do was make a stop by his office and grab the garage door opener from his car to get in. But still, how brain dead can you be?

2 comments:

littlefamily said...

Oh Elise. We all have those days! I am sure you can laugh at it now.

Thrapper 1 said...

I can attest that pregnant women are flaky, but they are also precious, and would never have another kid without forgetting.