Monday, May 14, 2012

New Calling

On Sunday I got a new calling to work with the Activity Day girls. These are the girls from church that are 8-11 years old. We get to meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month and just do different activites with them to help them grow in their developing testimonies of the Savior and to learn new skills. This week we get to focus on motherhood and work on Mother's Day presents for the girls' moms. I am so excited for this calling. It is right up my ally and I hope that I am still doing it when Charly turns 8 so that we can do it together. I'm not gonna lie; i struggled with my last calling to be the visiting teaching coordinator. It was not that it was a lot of  work but it was administrative stuff  and woman drama that I just didn't like. I'm glad that I got to see that side of things but I am way more excited about this new adventure. Here is what we are making this week.

It's funny though. It's been about a month since I was released from my  visiting teaching calling and I was really starting to miss having some kind of responsibility.  I'm so thankful for all the opportunites to serve and for a Heavenly Father that knows just what I need when I need it.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'll admit, I am slightly jealous of your new calling. How fun would that be. You are PERFECTLY suited for that. I love the Mother's Day gifts you made. So fun.