Monday, May 25, 2009

Introducing Caelyn Marie!!!





So here are some much awaited pictures of our beautiful baby girl. And for those of you that haven't heard about the exciting delivery already...this one is the best! She was born at 2:43 am on May 22nd, weighing 6 lbs, 12 oz and measuring 18 1/2 in.

So I went to the doctor on Thursday morning and he let me know that he expected that I would be going into labor by the time the weekend was over. I had been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions and so this was promising. Excited about that news, we had Jenny come over around dinner time to watch the kids while Jason and I went speed walking around the mall. About an hour into our walking, 6:30 ish, contractions started to kick up. We had dinner, went home, got the kids and took them to Aunt Jenny's softball game. Contractions were still steady. We got home around 9 and put the kids to bed. I decided to take a long, hot bath for a couple hours just to relax and prepare myself for the long night that I expected to be having. Around midnight I laid down in bed with some pretty good contractions. Jason helped me breath and realax through each one and by 1:30 we decided to give my friend Lindsay a call to come over so that we could head to the hospital. In a tiny bit of pain, but still feeling good we got to the hospital around 2:15. Contractions were just about 3 minutes apart. The maternity ward was busy but they got me checked in and sent me to a triage room where they took vitals and hooked me up to the monitors and asked me all the detailed questions. The nurse was just about to check me when I had a contraction that felt a little different. There was that slight urge to push at the very end. I made that known to Jason and the nurse and so she decided to check me. She made a joke that maybe we'd be lucky and I'd be dialated to an 8 already. I will never forget the look on her face as she checked and then quickly reached for her phone to call the doctor. I was completely dialated and the baby was coming. The nurses had to scramble to find me a room and resorted to one on the c-section side of the maternity wing. They had me switch to the other bed inbetween contractions and when they did so my water broke everywhere!!! At that point I was definitley feeling like I needed to push but I had 10 nurses and Jason just trying to coach me to breath through it. I tried as hard as I could but my body and taken over and before I knew it and with no effort on my part she was out! Needless to say, when the doctor got in the room I was already holding little Caelyn. It had been 5 minutes from the time the doctor had been called to the time she was out. It was a huge adrenaline rush. Jason did awesome as a coach!!! and I totally feel like a super woman because I was able to do it with out any meds.

4 comments:

Megan and Shawn said...

You are a SUPER woman! Congratulations on another beautiful little girl! We are so excited for you and your family.

littlefamily said...

that is quite hte story! Way to go, Elise!!

All of us, but mostly Heidi said...

Wow...and congrats! Way to surprise the nurses!

{Erica} said...

You look beautiful and a belated congratulations to you guys. Bret and I were talking about you guys and wondering if you had your baby yet. He'll be so excited for you guys!