Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is close enough to my birthday that it kind of just all runs together. I don't mind it though. We did have a special Mother's Day though. We went to Muscatine and spent the day with Jason's family. May 10th is also Jason's little brother Steven's birthday and he turned 18 this year. I got to wear a pretty red rose corsage to church and Jason was given the opportunity to get up to the pulpit at church and talk about the Mother's in his life. It was the best to see him get up and look at me and the kids and tell everyone how much his family meant to him and how much he really loved me and what I do as a Mother. I wish that I had a video camera so that I could watch what he said over and over again. Hopefully I can keep that in my memory though. Not everybody gets to hear their husband publicly praise them. The kids and I made little Mother's Day presents for Grandma Thrap, Great Grandma Thrap and Grandma Bell. They are really cool! But I can't post pictures quite yet because Grandma Bell hasn't gotten hers yet and we don't want to ruin the surpise. As part of my Mother's Day my Grandma Thrap has the kids for a few days so that I can go home and tie up whatever I need to at home and at work before baby Caelyn comes (hopefully any day now). It is kind of weird because it is soooooo quiet. I miss my babies already.

No comments: